Miss O in Daycare!

On Sunday my two-and-a-half year old, with her crown of bobbing curls, decided to upset the schedule.
It was a normal day and we’d had a lovely morning when Miss O started looking tired, as she normally does around 11am. Its great, she asks for her מוצץ (pacifier), I carry her to bed, read a short book, kiss on the forehead, “I love you, sweetie.” “I wuv you too, Mommy.” walk out the door.
Still according to schedule.
I si down on the couch to nurse Kooshkoosh, w/ my cup of tea, and begin to enjoy my hour and a half of quiet time, Mommy-and-baby-time. Thats when the trouble starts…

I hear noises from upstairs. Ok, maybe she’s looking at a book, she’ll be asleep in a few minutes…
I hear the distintive rustling sound of a tiny creature decending from her bed…
She goes into the bathroom, phew! Great, she’s gonne pee – and even if she needs me to come up and help her, she’ll go right into bed afterwards and I’ll get to breathe.
She calls me upstairs.
Upon finishing up, she informs me in no uncertain terms:
“No, I not tired. I awake! I wanna come downstairs and get chocolate and watch a weevee (movie)”

Deep breath. We go downstairs. We color, we play, she’s not getting tired. We even watch the goggie weevee (Lady and The Tramp “doggie movie”) and no sign of sleepiness. Now it’s only a couple of hours before Tani comes home and I realize that I am looking at being “on” in Mommy-mode all day. And my nerves begin to quiver… I send Yoram a text message:
“O is going to daycare starting tomorrow. She decided not to take a nap”
The response: “Ok”

So this is day 3 of Odeliya in daycare. Day 1 was really tough for me. I missed her, and wondered if she was enjoying herself (even though I know she was having a blast!)

Its a small group in the woman’s home. Three kids Odeliya’s age (including her adorable little boyfriend, Maor – who I’ll blog more about in a different post!) and two little babies. Nona, the teacher is fantastic, loving, creative… I pick her up at 12:45, and she’s been fed a full lunch. She’s jumping up and down with glee and she can’t wait to go back in the morning. The first day she napped at 3:30 which was a disaster. Yesterday she didn’t nap at all, she just went to sleep early – and it was wonderful!

I have more energy, some time to play alone with my little guy, and time to actually get things done around the house! When people ask where she is and I tell them, their words of encouragement and support make me wonder what a mess I must have been up until now!

This entry was posted in Netanel's wisdom. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s